Thursday, July 15, 2010

I have a question and I know YOU have the answer...

I have been exercising for about 2 months now, 3-4 times a week. I run 2-3 miles then I lift weights.

I AM NOT LOSING ANY WEIGHT!!!! WHY???

My only thought is that muscle weighs more than fat and that is what I am putting on. But still, why will my fat belly not leave me?

WHAT CAN I DO TO LOSE MY BELLY AND AT LEAST 10 POUNDS?

AM I DOING THE WRONG EXERCISES?



I have this...

but want this...

I know someone out there with the perfect stomach or at least the knowledge that I don't have has the answers for me. Please help!!

5 comments:

Kelly O. said...

Hey Court. I don't have the perfect stomach but I have recently come across to the closest to "flat" I've ever been! I noticed the same thing you were running into when I started a regular intense workout routine. And I found myself "justifying" more food intake because I *thought* I was burning more calories. I have to catch myself when I say "I can eat that because I'm going to the gym this afternoon" or whatever. I don't know if you get caught up with the same thing but once I kept to a super strict diet and then did the gym thing, it started to come off. Also I did the HCG diet which took off 35 pounds in 2 months and it also seemed to take off fat from areas I've NEVER seen go away. Good luck!! Let me know if you find the secret!

Tony and Courtney Bozzuto said...

thanks kelly. I also did the HCG in January and lost about 15lbs. None of which was from my fattest part, the belly. I will watch my food. I think that that is the key.

Whitney said...

Kelly makes a good point. You should keep a food log. Not for tracking calories, but just to help you to be more aware of what you're eating. It always helped me.

Also, are you switching up your routine every few weeks? Longer run time, adding intervals to your run, changing the incline on the treadmill, adding different cardio (bike, elliptical, etc), increasing weights, doing different weight exercises?

That's all I can think of. Your body is capable of weight loss, you just have to keep going.

Felisha Funn said...

Peek a boo... Long time no blog!!LOL I have too say..Its a little muffin top. Thats your tummy saying you have two kids and your body will NEVER be the same. You are adorable. My advice is mix up your exercise routine. "muscle confusion" without doing P90X. :)

Darren, Tisha, Tanner & Tennyson said...

hey! you should also do the 8 minute abs video (use youtube if you don't want to buy it). IT is AMAZING, and if you do it everyday it will really help with the belly. I have the SAMMME problem area, and i feel like you do---except now that I found this---i am seeing results! We should hang out, even though whit is CRAZY and moving so far away!